Cardamom Poached Pears
- 1 pound pears peeled, any kind
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except pears.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat and then turn heat down to a low medium.
- Add pears, cover and cook until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve pears with sauce that will have reduced.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Check out our ebook library for more inspiration!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious recipes!