Cardamom Poached Pears
- 1 pound pears peeled, any kind
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except pears.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat and then turn heat down to a low medium.
- Add pears, cover and cook until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve pears with sauce that will have reduced.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Check out our ebook library for more inspiration!
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious recipes!