Let’s be honest. Not knowing what’s for dinner is one of the most stressful things that can happen in your day. Especially at 4 PM when someone inevitably calls wanting to know what’s for dinner!
Being the Dinner Diva that I am, I’m a sucker for some great tips and I have a few here that honestly, will improve your life (and the lives of those around you, too!)
1. Stay healthy. When you plan your meals ahead of time, you’re more likely to stay the course and keep it healthy. When you plan ahead, you’re also more likely to ensure that your meal is healthy and something less guilt-producing than the drive-thru. 🙂
2. Spend less time at the grocery store. When you know ahead of time what you’re going to eat, you will be able to make a good, efficient grocery list. That helps you to get in and out of the store quicker.
3. Spend less money. Speaking of getting in and out of the grocery store, when you plan your meals, you put an end to that silly crazy practice of having to run to the store to pick up an ingredient that you need to pull together a certain dish. (And how often do you leave the grocery store without an item or two that you didn’t actually need?!)
4. Throw out less food. And buying fewer items that you don’t use means less food waste. Nobody wants to throw out a rotten zucchini that ended up forgotten at the bottom of the crisper drawer! Yuck!
5. Get meals on the table faster. Planning your meals allows you to prep ahead of time. Meal planning also reduces the amount of time you spend standing in front of the fridge wondering what to make for supper—yikes!
6. Planned leftovers. When you have your meals planned out for the week, you can easily plan leftovers for lunch the next day. This is a great way to save time and money!
7. Less stress. If you’re hearing “what’s for dinner” over and over and you don’t always seem to have an answer, you’re probably feeling a little stressed when dinner time rolls around. Meal planning puts an end to that!
Our Dinner Answers subscription will really just amaze you. You can choose what style of eating you want, and you tailor your weekly plan based on how many people you need to feed. You can also customize your shopping lists (yes, we give you full recipes AND shopping lists!) to remove items you already have or to add items you need that aren’t included in the recipes (paper towels, milk, etc.). There’s even a feature that allows you to share your list, so you can send it to your spouse’s smartphone and he or she can pick up groceries for you!
You really are going to love it. Check it now!