Bacon and Almond Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound chopped bacon
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, place a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (bacon through salt and pepper). Place the bacon and broccoli on the rack and place in the oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until bacon is crispy and broccoli is tender. Allow the bacon mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the bacon mixture, the remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!