Bacon Pear Salad with Spiced Pecans
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 2 medium pears sliced
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet.
- Reduce heat to low. To the skillet, add the pecans, cayenne pepper, honey and salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, onion, pears, bacon and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Looking for more Paleo deliciousness? Subscribe to Dinner Answers today!