Garlic Lime Shrimp Skewers
- 5 limes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest (finely grate the rind) three of the 5 limes into a large bowl. Next, juice the same 3 limes into the same bowl; add the garlic, oil, water, salt, pepper and shrimp; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. If you are using metal skewers, give them a quick coat of olive oil to keep the shrimp from sticking. Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 4 or 5 onto each skewer. Grill/broil shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they turn bright pink. Cut remaining limes into wedges. Serve shrimp skewers sprinkled with chopped parsley and garnished with lime wedges.
DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling (to prevent burning).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
PS–You can receive delicious menus (complete with shopping lists!) like this delivered right to your email inbox by subscribing to Dinner Answers today!