Almost every other child is a picky eater, and managing to provide the right amount of nutrition in their diets can become quite the task. Don’t worry! You can increase nutrition in their favorite meals, even if you have a child that only wants to eat macaroni and cheese (haven’t we all been there?).
You can modify almost any recipe to include pureed vegetables that will barely be noticed, if at all. It’s the body that is going to notice the boost of nourishment more than the taste buds!
Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 cups noodles go with gluten-free or whole grain
- 1 1/4 cups shredded, aged cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-oz container Greek yogurt or homemade Greek yogurt
- 2 cups pureed butternut squash
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and put back in the pot.
- Add all the other ingredients, reserving half the cheese, stirring together.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, cover with remaining cheese and bake until bubbly.
Do you need access to more healthy and delicious recipes? Check out our Dinner Answers program today!