Meatballs with Warm Tomato and Asparagus Salad
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large bunch bunch asparagus ends trimmed and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade bone broth
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (ground chicken through rosemary). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the meatballs and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- To the meatballs, tomatoes, asparagus and chicken broth and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through and asparagus is tender. Serve warm.
Serve with Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.)
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more scrumptious Paleo recipes!