- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 6 pitas warmed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon and sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, add chicken and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 lemon juice, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken in pita and top with yogurt sauce.
Want more classic recipes like this? Subscribe to Dinner Answers today!