Oven Chicken Meatballs
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 11 ingredients (ground chicken through the egg). With a small scoop, scoop out the mixture onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven for 15 minutes. Then pour over the tomato sauce and sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese. Return the meatballs to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes more, or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious recipes!