Paleo Beef Danube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef top round steak cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces jarred/canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper then add to the saucepan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add onions, carrots and garlic; cook until soft. Add next 7 ingredients (sweet potatoes through the rosemary); season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, add artichokes and peas, then simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until beef is cooked through and mixture has started to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Interested in MORE delicious recipes like this? Check out Dinner Answers today!