Paleo Potsticker Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 small carrots grated
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the coconut oil.
- Scoop out a little of the mixture at a time to roll into medium sized meat balls.
- Lay the meat balls out on a clean sheet pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the meat balls in batches on all sides.
- Remove the browned meatballs with a slotted spoon and place back on the sheet pan.
- Once all the meatballs have been browned place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Steamed green beans and cauli-rice. (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!