Did you know the average family home has grown in size since the 1950s? Yep, about double! But one thing has stayed the same—the family home is the most important place in the world for children.
And when it comes to home, the most important piece of furniture happens to be sitting in your kitchen with chairs all around it. Don’t you think it’d be a good idea for you to be gathering your family up for dinner round the table tonight? Here’s what we’re having at my house, a family favorite!
Herb Crusted Chicken Piccata (from Saving Dinner)
- 4 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs you can use gluten free bread or almond meal instead
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter divided
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- On a dinner plate or pie plate, combine first three ingredients and set aside.
- In a large zipper top plastic bag, add three chicken breast halves, close bag (but leave open a little so it won’t pop) and roll them out with a rolling pin to flatten. Do this again with the other three. It will just take a second and make them cook faster. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture and set aside.
- In a skillet melt half the butter over a medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet when cooked and keep warm. Add broth, lemon juice and remaining butter using a skillet to get everything up off the bottom. Cook 1 minute and spoon sauce over chicken.