Sautéed Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until they turn opaque throughout. Transfer to a small bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; add onion and bell pepper and cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add lime zest and juice along with salt and pepper to taste; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange shrimp, onion mixture, and sliced avocado on top of chopped romaine then sprinkle with cilantro.
Looking for more Low-Carb deliciousness? Subscribe to Dinner Answers today!