Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 24 leaves Bibb or Romaine lettuce
- 8 leaves cabbage chopped
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 large carrots shredded
- 1 large green onion sliced
- 2 cups cilantro chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add first 4 ingredients (almond butter through garlic) and mix well. Cover bowl and let sit overnight in the refrigerator, or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with coconut oil. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from grill and cut into 1/2” cubes.
- On a plate, spread out washed romaine leaves. Fill each leaf with chicken, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with almond butter sauce and serve.
Add stir-fried yellow squash and snow peas tossed in a little coconut oil and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Are you looking for more delicious recipes like this? Check out our Dinner Answers program today!