Traditional Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 pounds roasted chicken backs*
- 2 pounds roasted chicken feet*
- 7 cups water
- 2 yellow onions halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks celery halved
- 3 carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large stock pot, place the chicken feet and backs, add water, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Leave uncovered, and continue simmering for 3–4 hours, adding additional water, 1 cup at a time, if needed.
- Strain and cool the broth completely, uncovered, discarding all bones, vegetables and herbs.
Again, this whole thing can be done in a very large slow cooker and cooked up to 2 days on low. *To roast, preheat oven to 350 degrees, drizzle olive oil over the chicken parts and liberally sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!