Asparagus are elegant and delicious! Truly in season right now, you can pick them up on sale everywhere. Lots of fiber, easy to cook; delicious to eat. I’ll tell you how!
Here’s today’s TRICK:
SMELL the tops of the asparagus in the store. The tips should NOT be slimy and stinky! Look for ends that aren’t dried out and woody. Some people like thicker asparagus, I prefer the pencil-thin variety—you need to decide that one based on your own personal preference.
Here’s a TIP:
My grocery store keeps the asparagus standing upright in water to keep them fresh. You can do this yourself when you bring them home and they’ll last for days in your fridge.
Make a “raft” out of the asparagus using presoaked bamboo skewers (soak the bamboo in water for 30 minutes before barbecuing to prevent them from igniting) and brush the asparagus with a little olive oil beforehand. Let me tell you, asparagus on the grill is just a little slice of heaven. (watch me make them for you)
After you’ve made grilled asparagus on the grill, you won’t want them any other way!
And your RECIPE:
Honey Lemon Salmon and Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for coating pan
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the first 6 ingredients (honey through lemon juice).
- In an oil coated 9×13 baking pan, place asparagus and place salmon, skin side down, on top. Pour the mixture from bowl evenly over each piece of salmon. Bake for 15 minutes until salmon is flakey.
- Remove from heat and serve fillet of salmon with asparagus on top.
Dinner Answers – No one will eat the other kind of lilies in your house except the cat. Isn’t it time you knew what was for dinner EVERY night? You will with Dinner Answers!