Or maybe you just feel like you had a brick for dinner?
These are signs that your digestion is in need of a little attention!
Digestion is a massively important function–it has to be addressed or you won’t get the nutrition you need from the food you’re eating.
Not only that, but the quality of your life truly reflects how well you digest–poor digestion can wreak havoc!
Here are the 10 signs:
1) Gas–burping or flatulence, it’s all a sign that your food never broke down properly
2) Bloating–same as above, your body is in distress and trying to digest what you ate
3) Full, heavy feeling–like the brick analogy above. I used to feel like that every time I ate steak!
4) Indigestion and heart burn–this is because you have insufficient stomach acid, not too much
5) Stomach ache–this can occur right after you eat or even a little later
6) Increased aging–because of malabsorption of available nutrients
7) B12 deficiency (blood test would reveal that)
8) A tendency to allergies. The reason for this is that if foods are poorly digested then the immune system reacts against them (most of your immune system is located in your gut), and that can switch on an allergy.
9) Iron deficiency (blood test would reveal that)
10) Acne or skin rashes–poor digestion shows up one way or another.
A lot of people think that heartburn is because of too much stomach acid when the exact opposite is true! It’s because there’s not enough stomach acid to digest what you just ate–I never believed that even after learning about this fact when I was getting my nutrition training.
I had just had my second child (he’s 26 now!!) and heartburn was my constant companion during pregnancy. Post pregnancy not so much but it happened on the rare occasion.
Here’s what you need to know: stomach acid declines with age–that’s a fact of life, unfortunately. BUT you can help your body along by using digestive enzymes, asking sure you’re getting enough fiber and don’t forget the probiotics! This is how you establish good bacteria in your gut.
Check out our Gut Check bundle–we’ve got you covered in all areas!