Bacon Arugula Salad with Spiced Apple Chunks
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 cup sliced apple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced radish
- 2 tablespoons full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet.
- Reduce heat to low. To the skillet, add the apple, cinnamon, honey and salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, layer the arugula, onion, radish, bacon and apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 4 ingredients (coconut milk through maple syrup) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss and serve.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious recipes!