BLT Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 large hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 large avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and crumble.
- In another large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet add the broccoli and shrimp. Cook for 10 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and slightly tender and shrimp is pink and curled into a "c" shape. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the bacon, broccoli and shrimp with the next 6 ingredients (lettuce through carrots).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (lemon juice through honey) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
For MORE delicious salad recipes, pick up our Bounty of Salads ebook bundle today!