Chicken Fried “Rice” with Fresh Cilantro
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless free range organic chicken breast cubed
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- Roughly chop cauliflower florets and place in a large food processor. Pulse until the texture resembles rice. Remove cauliflower and squeeze with paper towels to remove excess water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the next 4 ingredients (coconut aminos through ginger) and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok, over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrots, cooking 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften. Then add peas and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Re-turn pan to heat and add two more tablespoons of coconut oil. Add chicken, cooking 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from heat and add the chicken to the re-served vegetable mixture. Return pan to heat and add remaining coconut oil.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring only once or twice, until cauliflower has browned and become crispy. Increase heat to medium-high, and create an opening in the middle of the cauliflower and add the eggs.
- Immediately begin stirring the eggs around to quickly scramble and distribute among the cauliflower.
- Once eggs are cooked, about 1-2 minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and add reserved vegetables, chicken and the sauce mixture to the pan.
- Stir well to combine.
- Allow everything to heat through, about 1 minute, top with cilantro and serve.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Paleo recipes!