Chicken with Lemon Lychee Glaze
- 1 cup fresh minced lychees
- 1/2 cup white port wine
- 1 medium lemon zested
- 2 frying chickens cut into halves, 3 1/2 to 4 pound
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Sliced lemons
- While chicken is cooking, prepare Glaze.
- Combine 1 cup fresh minced lychees, 1/2 cup white port wine and lemon zest from one medium sized lemon in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until glaze is slightly thick.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, skin side up, in a single layer in a shallow baking dish; brush chicken with butter.
- Roast, about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Add lemon slices to the top of the chicken, spoon glaze over chicken and lemon.
- Bake 3 additional minutes.
PS–You can receive delicious menus (complete with shopping lists!) like this delivered right to your email inbox by subscribing to Dinner Answers today!