Pumpkins for everyone!!!
That’s how I feel when I walk into a store and I eyeball a gorgeous array of pumpkins of every persuasion!
I want to open my arms like Maria in The Sound of Music and twirl in the middle of the store–yes, pumpkins are my fall spirit animal (gourd?).
Decorating for fall is a ritual of sorts–first the beautiful pumpkins inside and out, then the fall wreath on the front door, and of course, a fine assortment of mums. 🙂
Fall makes me crave crockpot cooking, soups, and stews.
I love turning on the fireplace finally and celebrating a cold brisk walk in the evenings after dinner.
The trick of course is to make sure your cooking is still on point and not leading you down the wrong road setting you up for holiday weight gain (this is when it starts folks!).
One of my favorite recipes that will boost your beta carotene and satisfy your taste buds is my Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup recipe–have you tried it? Easy, delicious and the whole fam will LOVE it!
Here you go:
Coconut Pumpkin Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth sub with vegetable stock to make vegan
- 3 cups pumpkin puree sometimes called 100% pumpkin NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- handful cilantro chopped, optional
- toasted pumpkin seeds optional
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium high heat and saute onions. Cook till very soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, except coconut milk, cilantro, and pumpkin seeds.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and continue to cook (but not boil – it will break) for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Paleo recipes!