This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through my link, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I broke up with my crock pot (sad story)
How can I express how much I love my Instant Pot?
There are no words flowery enough, there are no sentiments mushy enough and well, I hate to tell you this crock pot, but after all these years, we’re through!
You see, the Instant Pot has stolen my heart–with it’s ability to saute, pressure cook AND slow cook all in the same pot? Well, it’s a dream come true.
It’s everything I want in an appliance!
But you, crock pot? You’re a one trick pony–you do ONE thing.
Your big heavy clumsy crock doesn’t saute like Instant Pot’s does. Nor can you go both ways–slow AND fast.
I’ve replaced your royal counter top position with the Instant Pot–you’ve been banished to the pantry, I’m sorry, but you just can’t compete with that!
And don’t tell the counter top Instant Pot, but I’ve got more than one! Let’s just say I’m into a poly-appliance relationship! 😉
Garlic and Green Chile Carnitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can diced green chile’s 8 ounce
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in Instant Pot over “browning” setting. Season shoulder roast with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, then remove and set aside. Saute garlic and onion in Instant Pot for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rub remaining seasonings all over roast (cumin through onion powder). Place back in Instant Pot, and add all remaining ingredients (broth through bay leaf).
- Cover and cook using the pressure cooker setting, put it on high pressure and set the meat button to 50 minutes. After 50 minutes, release pressure and slowly remove lid. Shred with two forks and make sure it’s all saturated in its cooking juices. Remove bay leaf before serving.