Fettuccine with Arugula and Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds chopped
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 pound fettuccine cooked according to package directions
- In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, basil, 3 tablespoons olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a food processor or blender, add almonds, arugula, remaining olive oil, 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 to 2 minutes until combined.
- Toss warm pasta tomato sauce and arugula puree and remaining parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Dinner Answers has many more Classic Family recipes. Subscribe today!