One of my most favorite sightseeing trips was to Arlington, Virginia, right outside of Washington, DC, our nation’s capital. Arlington Cemetery is here and the hustle and bustle of the DC is evident, with monuments, statues, and museums everywhere. The great part of Washington is you can walk everywhere.
But that makes you hungry, so let’s eat, shall we?
Here’s a recipe from a Frugal Menu-Mailer that will help you save money so you’ll have money for your family’s vacation:
Turkey Caesar Wraps
- 1/2 cup prepared thick creamy Caesar dressing
- 3 12-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 9 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey or whatever leftover meat or chicken you have
- 3/4 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers drained or 1 bell pepper, deribbed, seeded and cut into strips (I freeze these leftovers and use in a soup the next time)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread a generous 2 to 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing over entire surface of each flour tortilla.
- Lay 3 romaine leaves on each tortilla, pressing them gently into the dressing.
- Place turkey and peppers equally on one half side of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of everything on tortillas.
- Roll up each sandwich tightly like a jelly roll starting with the turkey side. Wrap individually and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, cut each wrap in halves, quarters, or 1 1/2-inch bite-size rounds.
easy meal even easier!