Garlic Lime Chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breast halves.
- In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil together over medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add lime juice and chicken broth to the skillet, whisking up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Return chicken to the skillet to thoroughly coat with the sauce; serve.
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 343 Calories; 11g Fat; 55g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 147mg Cholesterol; 612mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-rice. KOSHER: Use all oil instead of butter and oil. Variations of Garlic Lime Chicken: Tex Mex Top with cilantro, avocado, tomato, and red onion. Serve with black beans, whole wheat tortillas, and a large salad. Capers Verison Use 4 tablespoons lemon juice instead of lime juice. Top with capers and parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!