In one of my last posts, I shared some strategies for you to use when you’re trying hard to stay on track with a healthy eating plan when the family BBQ invite comes along. Today, we’re going to look at the flip side of that by talking about what sorts of finger foods you might consider serving at your next party to please everyone in the crowd from the Celiacs and Paleoistas to good old Uncle Jim who thinks that everyone that eats organic is a hippy!
The following finger foods are all paleo, gluten-free, and absolutely scrumptious!
• bacon-wrapped shrimp
• bacon-wrapped pineapple
• bacon-wrapped dates
• bacon-wrapped scallops
• bacon-wrapped ANYTHING!
• stuffed jalapeño peppers (you can also wrap them in bacon!)
• hard-boiled eggs stuffed with guacamole
• chicken satay
• seasoned mixed nuts
• smoked salmon with dill and cream cheese or greek yogurt, on cucumber slices(not paleo but gluten-free!)
• an antipasto platter
• mushrooms stuffed with crab and bacon
• cheese plate with date jam and honey(not paleo but gluten-free!)
• dark chocolate-covered almonds
• popcorn topped with butter and nutritional yeast (not paleo but gluten-free!)
• asparagus wrapped in prosciutto
• baked chicken wings
• baba ganoush
• cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto
• strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar
• veggie platter
As you can see, eating healthy doesn’t have to mean being a bore!