Hearty Southwest Sausage Soup
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large bell pepper chopped
- 2 large jalapeños chopped
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the sausage, onion, and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until brown.
- To the pot, add the remaining ingredients, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today to gain access to our Low-Carb, Keto, and Paleo weekly menus!