Hot Melt Loaded Breakfast Cookies
- 6 slices Black Forest ham chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 big handfuls fresh baby spinach OR kale chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs beaten in a bowl
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese OR swiss or gruyere
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a jellyroll pan with parchment.
- In a skillet, heat your ghee over medium high heat. Add the shallots and cook till translucent. Add the greens and ham and continue to cook till greens are wilted.
- Now to a medium mixing bowl, add your almond flour and baking powder, mixing well. Add the beaten eggs and mix well, then the contents from your skillet. It shouldn't be too runny otherwise add a little more almond flour.
- Add half the cheese and mix again. Now spoon out the breakfast cookies onto the parchment lined pan, a good 2 tablespoons per cookie.
- Finish the cookie by sprinkling a little cheese over the top and pushing it down ever so slightly so it will bake in.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes--watch it. It depends on the size of your cookie, your oven etc. so make sure you don't over cook.
- When they're done, put on a rack to cool and store in a container or ziplock bag in the fridge. Lasts 4 days.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Low-Carb and Keto recipes!