Gluten-Free Mixed Berry Crisp
- 4 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 5 tablespoons grass fed butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour either a mix OR almond flour OR coconut flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients for filling (berries through arrowroot powder).
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until berries have released moisture and the mixture has begun to thicken. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the topping (butter through nutmeg). Using a fork, gently blend it all together.
- Transfer berries to a medium sized baking dish, and evenly distribute crisp topping over them.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until berries are bubbling and crisp is golden.
- Serve with ice cream, or greek yogurt, or coconut yogurt or coconut whipped cream - the options are endless!
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious recipes!