- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 4 medium russet potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup Guinness or dark beer or substitute beef broth
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, beef cubes, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until beef cubes have browned.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker along with potatoes.
- Pour beer (or broth) over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious recipes!