Italian Meatballs with Basil-Mint Pesto
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the first 6 ingredients (beef through garlic powder) in a large bowl.
- Using your very clean hands, gently blend ingredients well; form mixture into 2-inch meatballs then place them 1/2 inch apart on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees and meatballs are golden-brown.
- In a food processor, place the next 4 ingredients (basil through pine nuts); pulse until almost smooth.
- Gradually drizzle in olive oil and lemon juice; pulse until smooth.
- Serve with meatballs.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Paleo recipes!