Skillet Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow bell pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 5 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 large green onions green part sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, place steak and next 4 ingredients (chili powder through oregano). Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Toss steak until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil. Add steak to pan in a single layer. Let sear for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip steak over and sear other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- Add next 5 ingredients (yellow bell pepper through mushrooms) to skillet. (If pan is getting too dry, add1/4 cup of vegetable broth.) Scrape brown bits from pan and toss veggies for 3 to 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add green onion, jalapeño, vegetable broth, steak and any juices that collected under steak. Toss and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm on lettuce leaves topped with avocado and cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Low-Carb and Keto recipes!