Skillet Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow bell pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 5 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 large green onions green part sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, place steak and next 4 ingredients (chili powder through oregano). Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Toss steak until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil. Add steak to pan in a single layer. Let sear for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip steak over and sear other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- Add next 5 ingredients (yellow bell pepper through mushrooms) to skillet. (If pan is getting too dry, add1/4 cup of vegetable broth.) Scrape brown bits from pan and toss veggies for 3 to 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add green onion, jalapeño, vegetable broth, steak and any juices that collected under steak. Toss and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm on lettuce leaves topped with avocado and cilantro.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Low-Carb and Keto recipes!