Slow Roasted Beef and Crispy Greens
- 2 pounds grass fed top sirloin roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped collard greens
- 4 strips nitrate-free bacon chopped
- olive oil
- 1/4 water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Sear beef for 2 minutes on each side then place in a large crock cooker. In a medium bowl mix the next 4 ingredients (garlic through broth).
- Pour sauce over the beef and cover.
- Cook on LOW for 5 to 8 hours, until beef is very tender and light pink in the center. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the kale, collards and bacon with the remaining coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour greens onto a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until leaves are crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Shred beef with two forks and serve with crispy greens.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Paleo recipes!