Stone Fruit with Almond Hazelnut Chia Seed Brittle and Vanilla Bean Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped OR slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted grass fed butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk shaken well so fat and water doesn't separate
- 1 whole vanilla bean paste OR 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean halved lengthwise and scraped
- 1 pound stone fruit of choice we used peaches and nectarines - but it's also excellent with cherries, plums, apricots, pluots, cherries, etc
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and evenly scatter the chia seeds, almonds, and hazelnuts. Keep them relatively close together so there isn't a lot of negative space in between.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add maple syrup and coconut sugar. Whisk together well.
- Using a candy thermometer*, bring mixture to about 300 degrees, then remove from heat and quickly whisk in vanilla extract and baking soda. Once thoroughly combined, immediately pour mixture over the scattered chai seeds and needs, using a spatula to evenly cover all of them.
- Place in freezer for about 45 minutes, or until it sets and hardens.
- While waiting on the brittle to set, prepare the coconut cream.
- In a small pot, over medium low heat, add full fat coconut milk. If the water and coconut fat have separated, DO NOT add the water! Just get the creamy good stuff! Once it thins slightly over the heat, add in the vanilla bean pasre. Whisk together and remove from heat (DO NOT LET IT BOIL).
- Then slice the stone fruit and distribute them to small bowls or plates.
- Pour coconut cream over the top of the fruit, and top with a couple pieces of the finished brittle. enjoy!
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Paleo recipes!