Molasses is a by-product of sugar making. Molasses is what is left when the sugar is separated from the juice from the sugar cane. There are three grades of molasses: light, dark, and blackstrap.
Here’s today’s TRICK:
When using molasses, lightly grease whatever you’re measuring it in so it doesn’t stick and drops out easily with no sticking.
And here’s a TIP:
Blackstrap molasses are full of B vitamins and are good for you. Look for them in the grocery store, keep the jar closed up in a dark pantry and it will last a good long time.
And your RECIPE:
Crock Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 8 ounces chili sauce this is by the ketchup in the grocery store
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.