There are a lot of ways to use a coconut, let me tell you. I’ve written about coconut oil, coconut vinegar, coconut aminos, coconut milk, and so on and so forth! And today, we’re going to talk about coconut butter. You’re even going to get a trick, a tip, and a recipe to help you use this wonderful condiment.
A lot of folks think that coconut butter and coconut oil are the same things, but they would be wrong! Coconut butter is essentially the pureed meat of a coconut whereas coconut oil is just pure oil.
You can find coconut butter in glass jars, like coconut oil, and it looks the same, but when you put it in your mouth, that’s where you’ll see the difference. Coconut butter is absolutely delicious. And because it does also contain the oil of the coconut, coconut butter has complete coconut nutrition and is full of fiber, protein, and good fats. But even better, it has the beautiful full taste and aroma of coconut. Mmmm!
You can use coconut butter in Paleo fudges and truffles or spread it on a sweet potato for a delicious treat. Trust me, y’all. This stuff is goood! But a little warning…it burns fast, so if you’re cooking with it, keep your eye on it. I personally think it’s quite delicious just eaten off the spoon 🙂
Now that you’re hungry for coconut butter…
It’s time for your Trick:
Look for a good organic coconut butter. I like Artisana brand. When you bring it home, go ahead and store it in the cupboard. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated after opening.
If you can’t find coconut butter, you can make your own by blending unsweetened shredded coconut with some coconut oil in your blender. Warning: This can be an arduous process!
And your Recipe:
Perfectly Peachy Coconut Smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup water or more coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 scoop Perfect Paleo Protein
- 2 teaspoons FiberMender 3.0 optional
- 1 tablespoon Just Juiced Veggies optional
- In a blender, place coconut milk, water, frozen peaches, coconut butter, Saving Dinner Perfect Paleo Protein, Saving Dinner Fibermender and Saving Dinner Just Juiced Greens (optional)
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
- It's ok to add a tad more milk of your choice if a thinner smoothie is preferred.
Interested in MANY more delicious smoothie recipes like this one? Check out our fabulous Smoothie Recipe Bundle. It contains 80 (yes, EIGHTY!) smoothie recipes!