Italian food is some of the best food in the entire world. And while it seems the whole world is going gluten-free, there are some who think that Italian is out of reach, au contraire!
This delicious Chicken Parmesan dish will work, either way, so gluten-free folk, don’t feel sad! Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded flat
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs or use gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 3/4 cups 6 oz. wide egg noodles – uncooked (or use gluten free brown rice pasta)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large plastic, zipper topped bag, place 2 chicken breast halves at a time and use a rolling pin to flatten. Take turns with the chicken till it’s all flattened. (tip: easier to do if chicken if half frozen!)
- In a bowl, place your lightly beaten eggs and in another bowl, the bread crumbs. Dip chicken in egg first, then bread crumbs to coat thoroughly. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; add chicken. Cook on both sides until lightly browned and drain well on paper towels.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce into an 8-inch square baking dish. Layer chicken in the dish and pour about 3/4 cup sauce evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with the cheeses and bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Heat remaining sauce. To serve, place noodles on the bottom, spoon sauce over noodles and arrange chicken pieces on top.