Italian food is some of the best food in the entire world. And while it seems the whole world is going gluten-free, there are some who think that Italian is out of reach, au contraire!
This delicious Chicken Parmesan dish will work, either way, so gluten-free folk, don’t feel sad! Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded flat
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs or use gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 3/4 cups 6 oz. wide egg noodles – uncooked (or use gluten free brown rice pasta)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large plastic, zipper topped bag, place 2 chicken breast halves at a time and use a rolling pin to flatten. Take turns with the chicken till it’s all flattened. (tip: easier to do if chicken if half frozen!)
- In a bowl, place your lightly beaten eggs and in another bowl, the bread crumbs. Dip chicken in egg first, then bread crumbs to coat thoroughly. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; add chicken. Cook on both sides until lightly browned and drain well on paper towels.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce into an 8-inch square baking dish. Layer chicken in the dish and pour about 3/4 cup sauce evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with the cheeses and bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Heat remaining sauce. To serve, place noodles on the bottom, spoon sauce over noodles and arrange chicken pieces on top.
PS–You can receive delicious menus (complete with shopping lists!) like this delivered right to your email inbox by subscribing to Dinner Answers today!