Warm Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large shallot minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large avocados peeled pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until dark brown and very crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the bacon to drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, shallot and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and slightly tender.
- In a large bowl combine the bacon, broccoli and avocados.
- In a small bowl whisk the honey, lime juice and olive oil and pour over the stir fry.
- Serve the stir fry over a bed of spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
For even more delectable Paleo recipes subscribe to Dinner Answers!