I love seeing sweet little clementines all over the place this time of year. These deep orange little citrus fruits are easy to peel and absolutely delicious. I love eating clementines out of hand, and they’re also wonderfully delicious tossed into a green salad. (I adore foods that come in biodegradable packaging!)
Clementines are also known as Christmas oranges, and you can consider yourself a lucky boy or girl if Santa leaves some clementines in your stocking this Christmas because they are chock full of health benefits.
• Clementines contain potent antioxidants and prevent free radical damage.
• Like other citrus fruits, clementines are rich in vitamin C which will help keep your immune system healthy.
• The dietary fiber in clementines keeps your digestive system functioning smoothly.
• The beta carotene and ascorbic acid in clementines help aid in good eye health as research suggests these substances can help prevent age-related vision loss.
• If you’re feeling lethargic, sniff a clementine. Might sound crazy, but the scent of a clementine triggers the secretion of a neurotransmitter that helps relieve stress and make you feel energetic and refreshed.
• Eat clementines for healthy-looking skin!
In addition to these health benefits, clementines contain essential minerals and vitamins including Folate, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Copper.
I can’t think of a single negative thing to say about clementines—the candy of the fruit bowl–except that you might want to have a glass of water after eating one so the acid doesn’t damage your tooth enamel.
Clementines are one of my faves, but we still need those greens! Here’s how to get them in regardless of the holiday madness: Just Juiced Veggies–fabulously easy and SEVEN to NINE servings of veggies and fruit in every serving! This is a must-have for every household–I’m never without it.
The sugar doesn’t phase you?
thats funny, my fibromyalgia facebook page just did a post on clementines! LOVE those little guys. so delicious and healthy too. they are also great to cook with as far as using the juice if u need any citrus juice, and are great in smoothies.