Bacon and Broccoli Quiche
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large shallot minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until dark brown and very crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove the bacon to drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from the skillet. To the skillet, add broccoli, shallot and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, until broccoli is bright green and slightly tender.
- Oil a large pie pan with coconut oil. To the pan, add the broccoli mixture and bacon.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the broccoli mixture. Place quiche in the mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the broccoli mixture. Place quiche in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Slice and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Our Dinner Answers program has many more Classic Family recipes like this…subscribe today!