When I take a look at my calendar, I find it hard to believe that it is already the middle of summer. When I step outside, however, I am immediately reminded that yes, summertime is upon us! I know it is only going to get warmer and the last thing I want to be doing this time of year is turning on my oven. Instead, I want to get outside and fire up my grill! I also want to keep it healthy, so I turn to main course salads to take the burn out of the summer heat.
Here’s a great main course salad recipe that will help you keep you both cool, and full!
Bleu Cheese Steak Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak
- 8 cups shredded mixed salad greens
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes cored and sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Rub steak with oil and garlic and grill until it reaches desired level of doneness; remove from skillet to a cutting board and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange lettuce on dinner plates; evenly add cucumber, tomatoes and red onion; slice the steak and arrange it on top.
- Garnish with bleu cheese.
PS–You can receive delicious menus (complete with shopping lists!) like this delivered right to your email inbox by subscribing to Dinner Answers today!