Cauliflower and Lamb Shepherds Pie
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and steamed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade bone broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower, salt and pepper and coconut milk until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the lamb, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add the remaining ingredients and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, until lamb is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In a large baking dish, pour the lamb mixture. Pour the cauliflower puree over the lamb mixture and smooth evenly over the lamb mixture.
- Place pie in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cauliflower mixture is brown on top. Slice and serve warm.
Looking for more recipes to support an autoimmune lifestyle? Subscribe to Dinner Answers today!