You all voted so here is your Paleo-elect Cocoa and Whipped Cream recipes!
Let’s be real, we could all use a giant mug of cocoa after this supremely stressful election season. Or wine. But for the sake of this post, let’s just say cocoa.
Paleo Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raw honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat almond milk over medium high heat. Remove from heat before milk boils. Whisk remaining ingredients together with milk and voila! Add a dash of cinnamon if you’re an adventurous cocoa consumer 😉
Paleo Coconut Honey Whipped Cream
- 1 14-oz. can coconut cream don’t flip out! Coconut cream is a real thing, I typically find it in my local Trader Joes, but most health food stores and even standard grocery stores carry it these days! IF you cannot locate a can of coconut cream, fear not! Just use a can of full fat coconut milk – it won’t be quite as thick, but that’s alright. (drain any water sitting under the cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons raw honey
- Place all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and blend with a stand up mixer, or hand held, for a good 5 minutes (gradually increase speed of mixer). You’ll see it start to become the proper consistency and then just serve in cocoa or coffee or on top of anything you like!