Pan-Seared Salmon with Coconut-Herb Greens
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 large lime juiced
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped chives divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 8 4-6 oz. wild salmon filets (4 filets will be for another meal)
- 1 large tub super greens
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the first 3 ingredients along with 2 cloves garlic, coconut aminos, jalapeno, 1/2 the cilantro, and 1/2 the chives, over medium heat.
- Bring it to a low simmer for 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the salmon, skin side down for 2-3 minutes per side, or until each side has a nice seared crust and is cooked through to the desired doneness.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and place half into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for later use.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining coconut oil and add the spinach and remaining garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet with the remaining ghee.
- Cook until the greens wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
- On 4 serving plates, place some wilted greens, a piece of salmon, and then pour over some of the coconut-herb sauce to serve.
Subscribe to Dinner Answers today for more delicious Low-Carb and Keto recipes!