I absolutely love mangos! They’re sweet and juicy and can be added to nearly anything or eaten plain and still be scrumptious! Put a ripe mango in the fridge and they’re a refreshing fruit to enjoy on these toasty summer days.
Mangos are a tropical fruit and are mainly grown in India. Nutritionally this fruit offers a good helping of fiber, potassium, vitamins (A, B6, C, and E), minerals, and a handful of antioxidants. It can be eaten raw and plain, added to a salad, reduced to a simple sauce, and used as a marinade for chicken, fish, and if you’re feeling really experimental, try it on steak!
Here’s your Tip:
If you cut and cube the meat of the mango, you can freeze it and use them as great ice cubes that will add color and sweetness to lemonade or any other juice of choice.
Here’s your Trick:
If you puree mangos with just a bit of lime or lemon juice and then freeze it, you’ll find that you just made a really great and naturally sweet sorbet. This sorbet would also be a great addition to a juice or maybe a summer punch!
And for your Recipe:
Mango Madness Salsa
- 1 mango dice the flesh of the fruit
- 1 avocado dice the flesh of the fruit
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch cilantro minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, de-ribbed and minced
- 3-4 Roma or vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- All you have to do is mix it together in a bowl. Let it sit at room temperature for an hour for the flavors to meld. Enjoy with chips or on top of some tacos. I love it on grilled mahi, YUM!